Cedarstone is a growing organization, dedicated to providing accounting services to non-profit, faith-based organizations who make a difference in the world. We partner with ministries to enable them to carry out their strategic purpose with peace of mind about their financial processes. We are looking for a part-time Client Services Senior Accountant to join our team.
Senior Accountants bring oversight and management to the Cedarstone client relationship resulting in a clear understanding of the client expectation and timely execution on all deliverables. By staying up to date on industry standards and changes, staff in this role support the programs and the leadership of the organizations they serve. Senior Accountants provide commentary, financial analysis and solutions for the Client's Executive Team and Board. In addition, the Senior Accountant owns the partnership between Cedarstone and the client, communicating changes to the Cedarstone team responsible for providing services to the client. Successful Senior Accountants will be able to manage multiple clients. In addition, this position supports and develops other Cedarstone staff and will provide coverage for others in the Accounting Team.
Work assignments in this role may include the following:
- Proactive Management and Delivery: Ensures the financial accuracy, integrity, and timeliness for all: general ledger, month and year end close, financial reports, budget, audit. Responsible for compliance to GAAP and ensures financial control for transactions performed by the team .
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the client partner relationship: Aligns services with client strategy and organization structure; understands and communicates industry standards and trends.
- Provides and evaluates data and information to assist in client decision making with regard to accounting policies and procedures, long-range planning and operational success. Recognizes and communicates implications for client decisions.
- Serves as a resource for Cedarstone and client staff about accounting and best practice policies.
The successful candidate for this job will have the following:
- Desire part-time work (18 - 24 hrs/week).
- Strong accounting skills (GAAP).
- Non-profit experience is a plus.
- Proven relationship building experience and skills with multiple clients.
- Demonstrates competence and confidence; generates trust and respect from peers.
- Good technical skills in order to troubleshoot basic connectivity and software issues.
- Proactive thinking and action to address Client needs and priorities.
- Financial Reporting capabilities using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Polished presentation skills with ability to present financial and strategic information to Client BOD and Committees.
- Delegate and manage priorities and deadlines.
- BS in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- Client Focused - Values and develops client relationships.
- Curious - Eager to learn more about the job, the profession, the client, and the organization.
- Flexible/Adaptable - Adjusts priorities and focus to meet client needs.
- Integrity/Trustworthy - Highest level of ethics while engaging clients and managing trusted assets.
- Big Picture Thinking - Understands the broader implications of client decisions and identifies details affected.
- Pro-Active - Anticipates client needs and issues and offers an array of options for consideration.
- Active Probing and Listening - Asking deep and thoughtful questions to understand underlying issues and listen carefully to develop client perspective.
- Problem Solver - Evaluates client issues and recommends and initiates possible solutions.
To learn more about Cedarstone, please visit https://cedarstone.us/