Eastside Meals on Wheels is a Northeast Minneapolis based nonprofit serving older adults and individuals with disabilities in St. Anthony Village and Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis.
Location: Waite Park Wesleyan Church
Reports To: Executive Director & Operations Coordinator
Position Overview: The Office and Kitchen Administrator coordinates details in both the office and the kitchen so that both areas run smoothly.
Kitchen & Food Manager
- Able to frequently lift and carry food, beverage and other items greater than 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time
- Able to stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop and twist. Requires full range of motion, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Organization of the batch deliveries, including assembly of entrees and bags, handoff insulated bags to volunteers, and with the help of Operations Coordinator, troubleshooting any issues
- When caterer arrives, help count and organize bins for the fridge and freezer, following up with the Operations Coordinator if anything is missing
- Assisting staff with carrying insulated bags to delivery drivers to ensure COVID-19 safe delivery
- Record and maintain confidential participant/client information and preferences, and marking labels with preferences
- Updating and maintaining multiple databases using Salesforce, Mail Chimp, and ServTracker
Management of Tele-Care Program
- Maintaining the volunteer base of client callers, including the volunteer recruitment, background check, and onboarding
- Assessment of seasonal needs and calling NE and SE Seniors to see what service/s they offer in response
- Using this information, create monthly scripts for our volunteer callers
- Creation and maintenance of spreadsheets of clients requesting help and the relevant information such as names, addresses, and phone numbers
- Organization of items such as menus, masks, fans, Gifts for Seniors, etc., to go out as needed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Superior attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative, flexibility, and patience
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and the ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Check
- The ability to successfully pass a background check
- Able to operate a variety of kitchen appliances, tools and utensils, and to operate office equipment and reply to emails
- Sensitive to diversity and able to work respectfully with wide array of co-workers, volunteers, and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
HOURS: Monday through Friday Position is 25 hours per week with hours completed Monday – Friday between 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Jessie@eastsidemeals.org
Eastside Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.